Sensory bottles have been used by parents, teachers and therapists to help children self-regulate their breathing and thoughts, and improve their focus. With the help of Cindy from Your Kids OT, we have come up with 7 ways to soothe your child and help them focus using our DIY Calm Down Bottle.
1. Shake the bottle, count to 10 as you watch the contents whirl. Try it fast, try it slow.
2. Hold both ends of the bottle, spin the bottle with your fingers and watch the contents whirl.
3. Place your hands on the ends of the bottle (palms down). Roll the bottle like a rolling pin back and forth on the table.
4. Stand the bottle on one end and watch the contents fall. Spin the bottle over to stand on the other end.
5. Hold one end of the bottle, draw a large circle with the bottle that goes over your head. Breathe in as you draw the circle going up and breathe out as you draw the circle coming down.
6. Hold one end of the bottle, draw a large rainbow with the bottle that goes over your head. Breathe in as you draw the rainbow in one direction and breathe out as you draw the rainbow in the opposite direction.
7. Stand the bottle upright and hold the bottle with both hands (palms facing together). Roll the bottle with the palms of your hands.
If you have any other suggestions, we'd love to hear them! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in our blog x
© 2019 Jellystone designs australia WEBSITE BY PRODUCTPRENEUR MARKETING