Don't you hate it when you're on the floor playing with your toddler for hours on end but when you check the clock it's only been 10 minutes!
At Jellystone, we really want to help to change that. We want playtime to be fun and a time where you can really connect. We want to bring you toys that your babe will love but also that you will enjoy playing with too. Our toys might not need batteries, squeak, have a loud mechanical click or a repeating voice that sounds like fingers down a chalkboard. What they will have are gorgeous colours, tactile surfaces and elements of open and closed play. Different ways you can play, stack, sort and arrange to help you find a mindful moment or two in there.
For a few minutes your whirring mind doesn't need to think about the washing that needs hanging out, the presentation you need to finish, the emails needing a reply or the fact someone needs to get more bread and milk.
1. Pull out the toys that you like! For us it's stacking blocks like our TriBlox or beautiful timber building blocks or a Grapat Rainbow.
2. Bring a cushion! Tuck a cushion just under your sit bones to help with posture and add some comfiness.
3. Play some calming music! And if you can manage it, pop on your diffuser for added peacefulness
4. Don't try to teach or explain - just do.
5. Forget your phone. Even without checking it I didn't realise just how much my phone interrupted play with my 1 year old until she started bringing it to me whenever I got a notification. Yikes!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Attention all sensory enthusiasts! Get ready for an extraordinary adventure with the latest innovation from Jellystone Designs. This remarkable sensory toy merges the power of sensory play with the electrifying anticipation and buzz of the upcoming Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
Children need a safe, peaceful space where they can unwind, relax, and recharge. A calm corner is a designated area that offers relaxation and mindfulness for children. It is a safe space for self-reflection and managing big emotions. In this blog post, we will explore some practical tips on how to create a calm corner for your child.
Jellystone Designs is now supplying Toy Libraries Australia, a non-for profit organisation and peak body for over 260 toy libraries in Australia.